Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 3 of 7 - Photosynth

The built in camera on iDevices is an incredible tool for taking your standard photos.  If you are looking for more than your "standard photos", look not further.

"Photosynth for iOS is the panorama creation app that makes it easy and fun to capture and share interactive panoramas of the places, people, and events that are important to you. Using the latest in computer vision techniques, you can not only make a panorama from left to right, but also up and down..." -App Store

I find that whenever I have a great view in front of me, I jump to Panorama right away.  It captures the full scene all around me, preserving the moment forever.  Photosynth also boasts a fantastic user interface.  You simply open the app and touch the screen to begin capturing your surroundings.  Then all you have to do is spin around and tap the screen again to finish.  The final picture gets saved in your devices Photo app.  Easy peasy!

Photosynth's icon (left) & the capture screen (right)


While I absolutely love the app, I do have one small complaint.  As you will all see when you download the app (as you know you should), the final image that the app stitches together has an annoying scalloped edge. It's easy to fix by cropping the picture in Photos.  Still, it bothers me.  In reality, its a small negative for an otherwise stellar app!

Get the app by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment